Dirt, dust mites, mold, pollen and pet dander are all allergens that can impact the quality of your home’s air and, in turn, your comfort. Even everyday activities like cooking and cleaning can have a negative effect on indoor air quality (IAQ). The good news is there are a number of HVAC products, such as an air purifier, designed to improve indoor air quality.
Importance of Home Indoor Air Quality
By improving indoor air quality in your home, you can create a healthier and more comfortable environment for you and your family. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), scientific evidence has shown that the air within our homes and other indoor spaces can be more polluted than the outside air, even in large cities. Additional research has also shown that we spend around 90% of our time indoors. Which is why paying attention to the air quality inside your home is so important to your health.
Purchase an Air Purifier for Your Home
One product we recommend to homeowners is a whole-house air purification system. Air purifiers clean and sanitize the air and are designed to reduce mold, bacteria and viruses, as well as pet dander, odors, air pollutants and smoke. Here are a few air purification products to consider to noticeably improve the air in your home:
- iWave-R – As the air flows past the iWave-R, positive and negative ions actively purify the supply air, killing pathogens, mold, bacteria and viruses in the coil and living space. The ionization process also reduces allergens, smoke and static electricity, as well as controlling odors (cooking, pet, VOCs) and other particles.
- Aerus Air Scrubber – Aerus purification products, like the Air Scrubber, uses ActivePure technology to help protect your home and your family from dust, germs, odors, pet dander, viruses and more.
- Air Scrubber Mobile by Aerus® – This eight-ounce, pocket-sized unit plugs into a wall outlet to destroy up to 99% of surface and airborne contaminants in a 500-square-foot area.
- Air Knight – An accessory that mounts in the air ducts of your existing HVAC system and uses naturally occuring peroxides to kill viruses and bacteria in the airstream.
- Aprilaire 5000 Air Purifiers – Installed as part of a home’s heating and cooling system, this whole-house air purifier uses a combination of electrostatic technology and a traditional air filter to to effectively remove polluted air.
You can learn more about other ways to improve the air quality in your home in our essential guide.