Steps We've Taken
In order to do our part to minimize the spread of this virus, we are making the following adjustments:
- Practicing social distancing, including not shaking hands, and requiring gloves and masks whenever we enter a customer's home.
- Service technicians will continue to wear shoe covers when entering a customer's home.
- Service technicians will be disinfecting their iPad screens when used out in the field.
- Service technicians and Replacement Installers are required to sanitize the new or serviced equipment and materials and inform the customer when complete.
- We are requiring all of our employees to practice frequent hand washing and sanitizing.
- Our sales staff will be utilizing more phone calls and minimizing face-to-face contacts as they are able.
- Homeowners should make sure that all doors leading to the furnace unit are propped open and the area around furnace is cleared prior to the service technician's arrival.
We have instructed all of our employees to stay home and inform us immediately if they are feeling sick. If this event occurs, we will notify all customers who may have come in contact with this employee so they are aware. We are closely monitoring the situation and, should developments warrant, we will reach out to our customers with further updates.
Indoor Air Quality Management
At this time many homeowners have been asking our technicians if there are any additional precautions they can take to protect the environment inside their home from COVID-19.
There are a variety of air purification products that support indoor air quality inside the home. These solutions by no means can prevent illness, but they can be used as one way to help prevent further spread of unwanted air pollutants within the home, including viruses and bacteria.
We recommend homeowners look into a whole-house air purification system. Air purifiers clean and sanitize the air and are designed to reduce mold, bacteria and viruses, as well as pet dander, odors, air pollutants and smoke.
We sell many different air purification systems and are happy to speak with homeowners about if one of these products is right for them. Two products we recommend are:
- iWave-R – As the air flows past the iWave-R, positive and negative ions actively purify the supply air, killing pathogens, mold, bacteria and viruses in the coil and living space. The ionization process also reduces allergens, smoke and static electricity, as well as controlling odors (cooking, pet, VOCs) and other particles.
- Aerus® Air Scrubber – Aerus purification products, like the Air Scrubber, use ActivePure® technology to help protect your home and your family from dust, germs, odors, pet dander, viruses and more.
It’s our priority to provide whatever support we can to individuals and families during this unprecedented time. If you need HVAC maintenance or repair or have indoor air quality management questions, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 515-244-8911. We are here to help and will get through this together.
If you would like more information on COVID-19, the most reliable sources of information are the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/) and the Iowa Department of Public Health (https://idph.iowa.gov/Emerging-Health-Issues/Novel-Coronavirus).